2016 Award Recipients:
- Regional and Community Planning: The Somerset County Planning Board, accepted by Patricia L. Walsh, Walter C. Lane, and Bernard V. Navatto Jr., for their work in developing the County Investment Framework (CIF).
- Outstanding Individual Leadership: George Vallone, of Hoboken Brownstone Company, for his progressive leadership in regulatory reform, economic development, and sustainability.
- Economic Development Achievement Award: Rowan University/Rutgers-Camden Board of Governors. Accepted by Chief Executive Officer Kris Kolluri, Esq. on behalf of the Board for their leadership in leveraging education and medical assets to promote healthy communities and stimulate economic development.
- Resource Efficiency Achievement Award: The Newark Resiliency Action Plan,
accepted by: Lauren Boles of NJ Environmental Justice Alliance, Drew Curtis
of Ironbound Community Corporation, and Amy Goldsmith of Clean Water Fund.
- Regional Equity Achievement Award: Tim Doherty, Executive Director of Project Freedom, for his work developing and operating barrier-free housing for people with disabilities so they are able to live independently.
- Environmental Achievement Award: Tim Dillingham, Executive Director of the American Littoral Society, for advocating for coastal restoration, expanding marine education programs in underserved communities, and engaging communities in coastal stewardship.
Facing Our Future, December 2011